Monday, April 15, 2024


 I left Oklahoma, drivin' in a Pontiac
Just about to lose my mindI was goin' to ArizonaMaybe on to CaliforniaWhere the people all live so fine
My baby thought I'ze crazyMy mama called me lazyI was gonna show 'em all this time'Cause you know I ain't no fool
No I don't need no more school
I was born to just walk the line
Livin' on Tulsa timeLivin' on Tulsa timeWell, you know I've been through itGonna set my watch back to itLivin' on Tulsa time
Dobro bridge 
There I was in HollywoodWishin' I was doin' goodTalkin' on the telephone lineThey don't need me in the moviesAin't nobody sings my songsGuess I'm just wastin' time
Then I got to thinkin'Man, I'm really sinkin'Really had a flash this timeI had no business leavin'And nobody would be grievin'If I went on back to Tulsa time
Livin' on Tulsa timeLivin' on Tulsa timeGonna set my watch back to it'Cause you know I've been through itLivin' on Tulsa time
Livin' on Tulsa timeLivin' on Tulsa timeGonna set my watch back to itGonna set my watch back to it Livin' on Tulsa time

Instrumental outro/breakdown:
Fiddle, banjo, dobro
Vocal outro

Livin' on Tulsa time
You know I've been through it
Gonna set my watch back to it
Livin' on Tulsa time 
Livin' on Tulsa time
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Daniel W. Flowers
Tulsa Time lyrics © Universal Polygram Int. P

No comments:

Post a Comment